Red CHRISTIAN DIOR Rhinestone Parure
This is a Christian Dior by Kramer (New York manufacturer) rarely found parure from the 1950s consisting of a brooch pin, choker necklace, with clip-on earrings of round marbled flame red glass cabochons with clear rhinestones for accent – all stones are prong set in sturdy gunmetal burnished silver metal.
The necklace is ¾” at its widest and adjusts in length from 13” to 16” with a hook and tail clasp; the round pin is 1 ¾” in diameter; and the 1” earrings are equipped with secure clips.
All pieces are in excellent condition and marked CHR.DIOR By KRAMER.
This set has been in the collection of a serious collector for many years and will please the most discerning.
The House of Dior was founded in France in 1948 by Christian Dior and is credited with reviving the fashion industry after it floundered during WW2. While associated with Haute Couture, it has stood the test of time and is still in business today although he died from a heart attack shortly after achieving the notoriety of appearing on the cover of Time magazine March 1957.
After a period of fretful adjustment in the House of Dior, when Yves Saint-Laurent coincidentally had already hand-picked by the founder himself to be the first and only Head Assistant. The Dior Company has always stood for high quality with meticulous attention to detail and has continued with superior designers throughout the decades.
With regards to Dior jewelry, it was always designed specifically for the fashion lines being created (not the norm in most fashion houses at the time) and most often signed and dated by whatever manufacturer contracted to render the designs.